Long Hill Township Residents
Long Hill Township residents and property-owners are entitled to a library card. Just bring in a document, such as a valid driver’s license, utility bill or tax receipt with your name and address to get your card.
Children living in the Township and entering kindergarten are eligible for a library card. In addition, any child attending school in the Township is eligible for a student card. We love kids!
Your library card is good at all libraries in Morris County (MAIN-Morris Automated Information Network), Open Borrowing libraries and MUF (Morris Union Federation) libraries. Long Hill Township residents can borrow materials from the MUF libraries of Berkeley Heights, New Providence, Bernardsville, and Summit. Just present your Long Hill Library card at any of these libraries and check on out!
You can manage your library account online through the catalog! You can see what items you have checked out and when they are due, renew items, see what you have on hold and remove holds you no longer want. To access your Patron Account, go to our Library Catalog, choose Patron Account and log on with your library card number and PIN. Forgot your PIN? We can reset it for you. Call or stop by. (Tip: The PIN is often the last 4 digits of your phone number.)
Do you prefer email or text message notifications for due dates, items coming due, overdue items and materials on hold? Sign-up for email notification! Stop by the front desk next time you’re in and we can update your account. Or update your account online.
Holds may be placed on most materials. To place a hold:
- search our Library Catalog
- locate the title you want
- click on Place Request. You’ll be prompted for your library card number and PIN
When your holds are ready for pick-up, we will notify you via phone or email (whichever you selected). Items will be held for you for 5 days before being sent back.
If you’d like to request materials that are not in the catalog you can request an Interlibrary Loan.
Items that are not found in our catalog may be ordered through our Interlibrary Loan Department. We will search all libraries in New Jersey to try and locate a title for you. Please ask at Adult Services if you would like to request an Interlibrary Loan.
Prefer to search on your own? You can also search all NJ Libraries and place your own request through Jersey Cat. JerseyCat provides access to the catalogs of all participating NJ Libraries.
Loan Periods for Long Hill Library materials:
- Fiction & Non-Fiction Books: 28 days
- New Fiction & Non-Fiction Books: 14 days
- AudioBooks (includes CD, Playaway, MP3): 14 days
- Fiction DVD’s: 7 days
- Museum Passes: 3 days
- Non-Fiction DVD’s & Videos: 14 days
- Video Games: 14 days
- Magazines: 14 days
Note: Other libraries may have different Loan periods. Please check your receipt slip.
Late fees are $.10 per day per item with a maximum fine of $5.00 per item.
Please note: DVDs accrue fines at the rate of $1.00 per day. Museum Pass late fees are $5.00 per day. Lost Museum Adventure Passes are charged at the full replacement cost of the pass.
Materials may be renewed by phone, in person, or by accessing your Patron Account. Go to our Library Catalog, choose Patron Account and log on with your library card number and pin.
- Circulating materials can be renewed provided they are not on hold for another Patron and you have not reached the renewal limit.
- Items may be renewed by phone (908-647-2088) or via the Internet through the Library’s online catalog.
Public Computers, Wi-Fi, Printing, Faxing & Scanning
- The library has public Internet computers with the full Microsoft Office 2010 Suite.
- Unsecured free Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. Just connect to the Library Wireless network for free Internet access on your personal device.
- Computer users must abide by the Long Hill Library Computer/Internet Code of Conduct.
- The public computers shut down automatically 15 minutes before closing.
- Copies printed from the computers are $.15/ sheet for B/W and $.50/sheet for Color.
- Faxing is available. Fax Charges: $1.00 for each page outgoing (local, long distance, toll free).
- A scanner is available for public use via the copier . A thumb drive is required for scanning.
The Library has three display cases that may be reserved by members of the Long Hill community to display collectibles, artwork and other objects of interest. If you wish to reserve one or more of our display cases, stop by the front desk the next time you are in the library. Due to the popularity of the display cases, it may be several months before an opening is available, so it’s best to reserve your spot as early as possible.
Note: A display case is also available in the Children’s Room for kids to display their treasures. Sign up for this display @ the Children’s Desk.
Meeting rooms are available to the public for public gatherings of a civic, cultural, vocational or educational nature which is of benefit and value to Long Hill Township residents. All events must be open to the general public.
A meeting room request must be submitted in advance by a Long Hill Township resident. No commercial enterprises are permitted.
The Library has:
- a community room (capacity of 80 people)
- a conference room (capacity of 12 people)
- two quiet study rooms (seats up to 4 people)
Borrowing a Ukulele
- Ukuleles may be checked out for 28 days, with two possible renewals.
- Borrowers are responsible for all contents: ukulele, box, and booklet.
- Only one ukulele may be borrowed at one time by one person.
Learning to Play
- Get tuning information, strum patterns, and basic chord chart in the Ukulele Kit Booklet (PDF).
Returning a Ukulele
- Return ukuleles to the Long Hill Township Library.
- Return ukuleles inside the Library. Please do not use the book drop.
- Ukulele must be returned in its box.
- Replacement costs: $50 for ukulele.
Print from home with your smartphone, tablet or computer and pick up at the library!
Via e-mail: To print an email message or attachment, simply forward your email to one of the following.
For a black & white print-out:
For a color print-out:
Stop at the Front Desk when you get to the library to pay for and pick up your print-out.
Prefer using an app? Download the PrinterOn app from your app store.
- Install the PrinterOn App on your mobile device or tablet.
- Open the PrinterOn App.
- Click No printer selected.
- Click Search. Search for Long Hill Township Library
- Click on the printer you wish to send your job to – Black and White or Color.
To print a document:
- When viewing the document, click in the upper right corner and upload the document to the PrinterOn App.
To print a photo from your phone:
- Open the app, click on “photo” and select a photo to print.