Location & Hours
Long Hill Public Library (Map)
917 Valley Road
Gillette, NJ 07933
Mon - Thurs 10 am - 9 pm
Fri 10 am - 5 pm
Sat 10 am - 2 pm
Sun 1 pm - 5 pm
Get Involved at the Library!
Offer your time and talents
Volunteering is a satisfying way to contribute your time and skills to the library. We use a small group of volunteers to:
- Shelve books
- Cover books
- Keep our collection in good order
- Index obituaries
- Help with special projects
If you are interested in volunteering, please print our Volunteer Application, fill it in and return it to the main desk at the library. You may indicate your availability and areas of interest and our volunteer coordinator will contact you when an opening occurs.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Sponsor a Book - Special Occasion
Sponsor a Book
Mark a Special Occasion with a book and custom bookplate
You can help build our collection by purchasing a book to mark a special occasion.
For a contribution of $45 or more, we will put a bookplate in a new library book to honor or commemorate a person or an event (for ex. Congratulations, Birthday, Retirement, Bon Voyage, Memorial).
Stop by to discuss or print our Book Tribute Form, fill it in and mail it with your check to the Long Hill Township Library, 917 Valley Road, Gillette, NJ 07933.
Donate Books & Magazines
The Long Hill Library welcomes your donated books, audio books, movies, music, and magazines. When making a donation, staff members will review your items and accept materials based on the criteria below. Please do not leave items for donation in the lobby of the library or in the book drops. Thank you for supporting the Long Hill Library!
We gratefully accept the following items:
- Magazines from the current year
- Recently publishing hardcover and paperback books in excellent condition. We cannot accept damaged books (e.g. broken bindings, missing pages, water damaged, soiled, musty or mold, excessive writing in the text, missing and/or damaged covers) or clearly outdated materials.
- DVDs and CDs in working condition with cases and covers intact
We are unable to accept the following items:
- Magazines that are not from the current year
- Professional journals
- Textbooks, dictionaries and reference materials, encyclopedias
- Items discarded and stamped from other library collections
- DVDs and CDs with scratches and/or damaged cases
- Books with broken bindings, missing pages, smoke or water damaged, soiled, musty or moldy, excessive writing in the text, missing and/or damaged covers
- Paperbacks that are warped from moisture or storage
- Workbooks (e.g. test prep materials, crosswords, journal books) that are partially or wholly filled in
- Clearly outdated materials
- Cassette, VCR tapes, and records
- Video games, computer games, toys, plush materials, board games, and puzzles
Thank you again for supporting the Long Hill Library!
Movies, Matinees & Munchies
Sponsorship Opportunities for Long Hill Library's
Movies, Munchies & Matinees!
For $25 a week your business or organization can sponsor one week of movies.
The Long Hill Library shows movies for Adults up to 3 times a week. Usually:
- Blockbusters on Monday @ 6 and Wednesday @ 2 pm
- Art films on Thursday at 2pm
Blockbusters draw between 20 to 65 people and art films less. The audience comes from Long Hill, Warren, Basking Ridge, Summit, New Providence, Berkeley Heights, Chatham and surrounding towns.
For $25 your business can sponsor one week of movie munchies. Weeks are available on a first come first serve basis. Weeks begin on Monday & end on Sunday.
- You can connect with potential new customers, promote your goods & services, and create good will in the community.
- YOUR NAME on the movie poster, website, Facebook, bulletin board & snack table.
- YOUR NAME announced as sponsor of the munchies.
- The Library is a 501(c)(3) organization and all donations to the library are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
The library will shop for, purchase & handle all munchies & movie preparation.
Interested? Please contact Marygrace Luderitz @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.