Location & Hours
Long Hill Public Library (Map)
917 Valley Road
Gillette, NJ 07933
Mon - Thurs 10 am - 9 pm
Fri 10 am - 5 pm
Sat 10 am - 2 pm
Sun 1pm - 5pm
Getting a Library Card
Long Hill Township Residents
Children living in the Township and entering kindergarten are eligible for a library card. In addition, any child attending school in the Township is eligible for a student card. We love kids!
You can manage your library account online through the catalog! You can see what items you have checked out and when they are due, renew items, see what you have on hold and remove holds you no longer want. To access your Patron Account, go to our Library Catalog, choose Patron Account and log on with your library card number and PIN. Forgot your PIN? We can reset it for you. Call or stop by. (Tip: The PIN is often the last 4 digits of your phone number.)
Do you prefer email or text message notifications for due dates, items coming due, overdue items and materials on hold? Sign-up for email notification! Stop by the front desk next time you're in and we can update you account. Or update your account online.
2017 Holiday Schedule
2017 HOLIDAY CLOSINGS
LONG HILL TOWNSHIP LIBRARY
The Library will be closed on the following days:
- Sun, January 1
- Mon, January 2
- Fri, April 14 (Good Friday)
- Sun, April 16 (Easter)
- Sun, May 28 (Memorial Day)
- Mon, May 29 (Memorial Day – Observed)
- Tues, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Sun, September 3 (Labor Day)
- Mon, September 4 (Labor Day – Observed)
- Wed, November 22 – Early closing at 5pm
- Thurs, November 23 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Fri, November 24 (Day after Thanksgiving)
- Sun, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Mon, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Sun, December 31 (New Year’s Eve)
Renewing Your Items
Materials may be renewed by phone, in person, or by accessing your Patron Account. Go to our Library Catalog, choose Patron Account and log on with your library card number and pin.
- Circulating materials can be renewed provided they are not on hold for another Patron and you have not reached the renewal limit.
- Items may be renewed by phone (908-647-2088) or via the Internet through the Library’s online catalog.
Holds may be placed on most materials. To place a hold:
search our Library Catalog
locate the title you want
click on Place Request. You'll be prompted for your library card number and PIN.
When your holds are ready for pick-up, we will notify you via phone or email (whichever you selected). Items will be held for you for 5 days before being sent back.
If you'd like to request materials that are not in the catalog you can request an Interlibrary Loan.
Items that are not found in our catalog may be ordered through our Interlibrary Loan Department. We will search all libraries in New Jersey to try and locate a title for you. Please ask at Adult Services if you would like to request an Interlibrary Loan.
Loan Periods & Fines
Loan Periods for Long Hill Library materials:
- Fiction & Non-Fiction Books: 28 days
- New Fiction & Non-Fiction Books: 14 days
- AudioBooks (includes CD, Playaway, MP3): 14 days
- Fiction DVD's: 7 days
- Museum Adventure Passes: 7 days
- Non-Fiction DVD's & Videos: 14 days
- Video Games: 14 days
- Magazines: 14 days
Note: Other libraries may have different Loan periods. Please check your receipt slip.
Late fees are .10 per day per item with a maximum fine of 5.00 per item.
Please note: DVDs accrue fines at the rate of $1.00 per day. Museum Adventure Pass late fees are $5.00 per day. Lost Museum Adventure Passes are charged at the full replacement cost of the pass.
Computers & Technology
Public Computers, Wi-Fi, Printing, Faxing & Scanning
- The library has public Internet computers with the full Microsoft Office 2010 Suite.
- Unsecured free Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. Just connect to the Library Wireless network for free Internet access on your personal device.
- Computer users must abide by the Long Hill Library Computer/Internet Code of Conduct.
- Copies printed from the computers are $.15/ sheet for B/W and $.50/sheet for Color.
- Faxing is available. Fax Charges: $2.00 for first page and $1.00 each additional page for outgoing (local, long distance, toll free).
- A scanner is available for public use.
Meeting rooms are available to the public for public gatherings of a civic, cultural, vocational or educational nature which is of benefit and value to Long Hill Township residents. All events must be open to the general public, and attendees are not required to be members of the sponsoring organization or group. No commercial enterprises are permitted.
The Library has:
- a community room (capacity of 80 people)
- a conference room (capacity of 12 people)
- two quiet study rooms (seats up to 4 people)
The Library has three display cases that may be reserved by members of the Long Hill community to display collectibles, artwork and other objects of interest. If you wish to reserve one or more of our display cases, stop by the front desk the next time you are in the library. Due to the popularity of the display cases, it may be several months before an opening is available, so it's best to reserve your spot as early as possible.
Note: A display case is also available in the Childrens Room for kids to display their treasures. Sign up for this display @ the Childrens Desk.