Location & Hours
Long Hill Public Library (Map)
917 Valley Road
Gillette, NJ 07933
Mon - Thurs 10 am - 9 pm
Fri 10 am - 5 pm
Sat 10 am - 2 pm
Sun 1pm - 5pm
Museum Adventure Pass Program
What is the Museum Adventure Pass program?
The Museum Adventure Pass program lets Long Hill Township Library resident cardholders visit two area museums for free! (More museums will be added soon.)
Who may borrow a museum pass?
Long Hill Township residents who have a Long Hill Township Library card. Cardholders must be in good standing with the library with no outstanding fines or fees. (MUF cardholders are not eligible.)
What else do I need to know?
Only one museum pass at a time can be checked out per household. The museum pass must be returned in-person to the Long Hill Township Library Front Desk. Please read the additional rules posted further down the page.
How long may I keep a pass?
Seven days. The pass cannot be renewed. Patrons are asked to return the passes as soon as possible after they are used so other families can check them out.
Who may use the pass with me?
Every museum has different rules about its pass. Please check the "Pass Admits" guidelines for each specific pass.
How may I pick up and return a museum pass?
Museum passes are available on a first come first served basis. You cannot reserve a pass. Passes are available at the Long Hill Townhip Library. Please return the pass in person to the Front Desk.
What will it cost me?
It's free! (Unless it's returned late or lost)
What if I don't return a pass on time?
Failure to return the pass on time will result in a fine of $5.00 per day (with a maximum fine of $100.00). Failure to return the pass container will result in a fine of $5.00. Patrons will be charged the replacement cost for a new museum pass if it is lost.
Which museum passes are available?
Please see the boxes in the right-side column.
Do all the museum passes work the same way?
Each museum has different guidelines for its pass. Please respect the "Pass Admits" guidelines. It is up to the patron to determine the museum's hours.
Museum Adventure Pass Rules
Museum Adventure Pass Rules
- Patrons must be in good standing with the library (no outstanding fines or fees).
- Passes are offered on a first come/first served basis.
- One museum pass at a time is allowed per household.
- Passes may be kept for seven days. Patrons are asked to return the passes as soon as possible after they are used. Passes cannot be renewed.
- The passes must be returned in person and not in the drop box.
- Failure to return the pass on time will result in a fine of $5.00 per day (with a maximum fine of $100.00) Failure to return the pass container will result in a fine of $5.00.
- Patrons will be charged for a new museum pass in the event that it is lost.
- Each museum has its own rules concerning their pass. Please read all guidelines carefully.
- Please contact the musuem or museum website to check on hours of operation & schedules.
Enjoy your adventure!
6 Normandy Heights Road
Morristown, NJ 07960
The Morris Museum is Morris County’s epicenter of art, science, culture, and history. Located in the Twin Oakes mansion in historic Morristown, the museum boasts a permanent collection of more than 40,000 objects ranging from rocks and minerals to model trains, as well as one of the country’s largest collections of mechanical musical instruments and automata.
Pass Admits: Four people. Pass must be returned to the Library.
Replacement Fee if lost: $100